In 2012-13, the CollegeAppJungle will be moving into a new phase. In Free Access, I will continue to offer an open-access menu of articles on topics of general interest to college applicants at the graduate and undergraduate levels on The College App Jungle.
In addition to this free, Level 1 content on The College App Jungle, I will be offering a personalized and complete suite of additional information and services to paid subscribers and to clients who retain WordGuild College Counseling or WordGuild Writing Services.
I offer intellectual development programs and college application portfolio development as well as support for essay and writing development focused on the college application process. You can get full access to our written material using the Subscription Level and you can get coaching, editing and personal development through Client Level Services at an hourly rate or by purchasing a development and support package which will give you a full set of college application essays and a portfolio of extracurricular activities. See below for further details on these levels.
The Subscription Level will offer complete access to all articles and analysis, to include instructions for writing all of the prompts of the Common Application for 2012-2013, as well as the Universal Application, various University of California and private school prompts, including but not limited to Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Dartmouth and most other “elite” universities. For examples of the kinds of content which will be available in Level 2, see my entries on the Harvard Prompt, How To Write About Books II and Final Words On Writing About Books, as well as my entries listed below for the Common Application.
Full access to these and all other posts is included in subscriptions payed now and includes weekly posts on these topics through January of 2013. The price for a subscription through January 2013 is 15$. Send an e-mail to email@example.com and include the text “subscription, please” and I will send you an invoice. After payment through a secure site, you will be given full access for this year’s college app info and analysis.
Client Level Services range from editing on specific essays to a full college application service offering a suite of services to include:
- Free access to all areas of the CollegeAppJungle and a complete essay and personal application portfolio development program with:
- An assessment and planning phase in which I meet with and assist students in creating an Intellectual Development/Experience program and an Activity Program–note that this must be done at the latest early in the summer before the Senior Year. This planning phase may be initiated through a personal meeting in the Local Program for those living in or willing to come to my immediate geographical area, or we can “meet” more economically via e-mail, phone and, as necessary, via Skype for those who live outside my area or who wish to choose the more economical Distance Program. I prepare the student for the intellectual experience/book questions which appear on most supplemental applications and I also assist in developing an activity tied to a student’s current interests which enhances specific areas of the application. Both programs also provide content for application essays. This opening meeting and planning should be completed by mid-July of 2012.
- Guidance and Calendaring on the ID/E and Activity Programs through the summer and into the fall of the Senior year.
- Preliminary Essay Drafting for specific university prompts from August into December of the Senior year.
- Detailed Editing and follow up to complete up to 4 application essays. Additional essays may be added on a per-piece rate. This phase runs from August through January of the Senior year.
You can start preparing as early as the Sophomore year and I will work with you on an hourly rate or you can purchase a package of all services listed above. Contact me for more detailed information and prices for the Client Level program at: