Here are your UC prompts for this year, Oh Class of 2024:
2019-2020 University of California Essay Prompts
Write your responses to the personal insight questions in advance What you tell us in your responses gives us the context to better understand the rest of the information you’ve provided in your application. Be open, be honest, be yourself. Instructions: You will have 8 questions to choose from. You must respond to only 4 of the 8 questions. Each response is limited to a maximum of 350 words. Which questions you choose to answer is entirely up to you. All questions are given equal consideration in the application review process.
- Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group efforts over time.
- Every person has a creative side, and it can be expressed in many ways: problem solving, original and innovative thinking, and artistically, to name a few. Describe how you express your creative side.
- What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed and demonstrated that talent over time?
- Describe how you have taken advantage of a significant educational opportunity or worked to overcome an educational barrier you have faced.
- Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement?
- Think about an academic subject that inspires you. Describe how you have furthered this interest inside and/or outside of the classroom.
- What have you done to make your school or your community a better place?
- Beyond what has already been shared in your application, what do you believe makes you stand out as a strong candidate for admissions to the University of California? Visit ucal.us/personalquestions for more information and to download our student worksheets.
I will be updating this post with commentary and advice on these essay prompts soon. Come back in a few days.